Saturday, July 25, 2009

Are we at a retreat center?

Hey Everyone!
This is Stephanie Coppock...and I'm excited to share a few high lights from our team's time in Kagadi and Mabaale. We traveled all day today back to Kampala and I'm now writing from the Eby's home in Kampala, which feels like a retreat center!!! After eating rice and beans all week (which I love), tonight we were treated to salad and lasagna and it was amazing!
I have been challenged in so many ways this past week by the lives of the men and women of Uganda. I'm so encouraged by the faith of the people I've met and I want to share an example of young women I was able to spend time with. Three girls in high school at URDT approached Alex and I mid-way through the week and we were able to encourage each other. These girls didn't have bibles, so we had the opportunity to give them a personal copy. We met three times over the course of the week, disscusing the essentials of the christan life, how to share our faith with others, and how to study the word.
My brain is tired right now, so my blog is short. This is just a small example of how God has allowed me to serve the body here is Uganda.

To Adam: I love and miss you so much! See you in a few days!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, Your sweet Adam is past ready to see you!

Sounds like your days are packed and you are giving your life away for the King at every point. So sweet to see you spent for Him!

Enjoy each and every moment. You see God differently in Uganda-I am envious of that!

Love, Brenda

Unknown said...

Good to hear from Stephanie and Austin. Sounds like God has truly been glorified through all the team's encounters with the people in Kagadi. It will be great to see everyone again and to see all the pictures and hear everyone's stories.

Love to our church family in Uganda and to our Alexis who we have missed. Got you some things for your dorm Lex. Love to our Owen family as well.

Got to leave for church....you are in our prayers.

Ginger

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, we have all missed you so much and enjoy the blogs you all have posted. Such amazing testimonies. Can't wait to see you. Mama C

Jordan Rae said...

Steph!!! We prayed for you all tonight at PM church. I'm with Brenda, "So sweet to see you spent for Him!" There's nothing sweeter than a laborer's rest. I'm excited to hear more of your stories, but this one sounds particularly interesting. Reminds me a lot of what campus outreach always trained us to do by discipling others. What an important part of ministry! I love when sister's in Christ come together. There's not much more beautiful than that.