Monday, July 27, 2009

A Great Trip!!!

Hi everyone! There's so much to say and no way to write everything that has happened here and all the ways that God has transformed our hearts! We got back to Kampala (the capital) on Saturday night and compared to the villages (Kangadi and Mabale) I feel like we're back in the states.
Yesterday, Sunday, we were able to visit the church connected to the Seminary. It was a sweet time of worshiping the Lord! After church we were able to visit with the people of the church, and I really enjoyed meeting three sisters who worship at the church whose parents had both died of Aids and live with their 12 other brothers and sisters. Although their whole family (15 brothers and sisters) love God, according to these three sisters, not one person owned a bible. What a joy to be able to give them a bible, and how blessed we are to have unlimited access to the Word of God!
Next, we were able to tour the seminary. It is so exciting to see people learning about God's word and being sent out to their own villages to make the glory of God known! I have found here that those who have faith in God have a deep faith, that we can all learn from. They truly trust and hope in God alone, and in turn have seen the power of God! When things seem impossible people here simply pray and fast and trust in the Lord, and it is amazing to hear the testimonies of what God has done and how He has answered prayers! But you can definitely see the need for Pastors with a great knowledge of God.
After resting for the afternoon, the Ebbys had invited some of their Ugandan friends over so that we could all worship God together. We were serenaded by native worship songs sung to the beat of two drums. What an amazing picture to know that one day people from every nation, tribe, and tongue will come together and worship the Lord!!! In the middle of the singing we went around and many people (Ugandans and Americans) shared their testimonies of how God brought each of us to Himself. What a picture to see the power of God working in so many different ways in so many different lives. We continued to sing and worship the Lord, and there was so much heart felt praise in the room, I can't wait for heaven when we will be able to praise God like this forever and ever!
It has been an amazing trip, and it went by so fast. I can't believe that we will get on the plane tomorrow night to head home. I wish that there was some way to convey everything that we've experienced and felt. We have a great God who is worthy of our lives!!! I hope that everyone is doing well, and I'll look forward to hearing what has gone on in each of your lives.

Alex Giuffre

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I am so blown away by all of y'all's experiences. I don't even know what to say except that my faith is so miniscule compared to the people's faith over there. I am just so amazed at their faith in Christ, and their trust in Him... I mean, I'm over here worrying if I'm eating too much, when they are trying to find something to eat and drink. And like y'all have said, a lot of them don't have Bibles... and yet their faith seems to be unwavering. I stand very convicted. I think that shows how strong God's love is, in that, even when people don't know a whole lot about theology and other stuff, God still loves them with an everlasting love and provides for them an amazing faith in Him. And it shows that the Gospel truly is the power of God and Christ IS all we need... and God gives Him to us. I hope that made sense, I was just kind of blurting out a lot of stuff I was thinking while reading this blog.
Anyway, I love reading about your time over there and what God is graciously teaching you. I cannot wait to see y'all and hear more of your experiences!
Virginia