Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Goodbye beautiful!

May I begin with saying I have the most awesomest pastor in the entire world! Question for PA: Is it really all about you? jaja (that's Spanish for haha) JK my BFF Jill! ... Anywho... As I sit here and reminisce on this trip, i can't help but see the huge splendor and majesty of God the Father. The Ugandan people are such testimonies for what a TRUE Christian looks like. For example: Sunday night we were all sitting on the front porch discussing how we can continue the work God has been doing here and in our lives spiritually. Christine, before saying goodbye, wanted to share a word with us. (And by the way for those of you who don't know her, she's a Ugandan.) She began to tell us her morning prayer. It goes a little something like this, "Dear Heavenly Father, use me today. Shine through me and help me to be a true testimony of your love and compassion on me. Help me to love those who lack love. Help me to show grace on the ungraceful. Help me to reach out to the ones who feel abandoned. God please use me mightlily today to further your kingdom." I compare the "American Christian" to the "Ugandan Christian" and it just convicts me deeply. Everyone here, who claims to be a Christian, looks like Christ. They center their everyday around Him. They constantly have the word of God flowing from their lips. The sun rises and sets and still they are meditating on the Father. I feel like the "American Christian" is blinded by routine and what he's defined as life. I have discovered that my priorities are seriously out of order. Hopefully the lessons I have learned will stick with me for the rest of my life. What an encouragement this trip has been! Especially Dr. Matt, I mean every person this man of God sees he shares the gospel with! And Momma... Woman! You have shown me that a little love can go a LOOOONG way! Even though you were'nt here this year you still have been a testimony of Christ to me. People ask everywhere we go, "Where is Beth?" If you ran for office you would be the first white president of Uganda! Overall God has shown me himself through this trip. We serve a REAL God. :)
Touch my body,
Touch my soul,
Touch my spirit,
Lord make me whole!
AMINA! AMINA!
XOXO,
Mzungu Mary, (AKA Nurse Mary), Also known as Cocodile Hunter Mary, or just Grace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

MG, this GMA. Amazing, simply amazing is all I can say! Your mom would be an awesome President of any country. Sounds like God touched you in a most wonderful way. Can't wait to hear about everything from you, Alexis, your dad and Spence....all of my BFE (best family ever). I was on Matt's visitation team this past fall a couple of times, and yest what a godly man he is. Love you Grace.

GMA

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for including Christine's prayer in your post, i want to start praying the same thing! Proud of ya'll.

Jeremy

Adam Coppock said...

such a sweet post Mary. I look forward to hearing more about it from you. I"m very encouraged by you guys and challenged by the lessons God showed you guys. Thank you all for your faithfulness on this trip and faithfulness to tell others about God's work in and through you all. It is refreshing and beneficial to your brothers and sisters in the Gump. Thank you.

Adam

Anonymous said...

I am praising God Maria for His work before you and the way He has opened your eyes to see Him and His amazing love, grace, joy, kindness, faithfulness, and sacrificial heart that gives so abundantly. Can't wait to hug my little crocodile hunter and her new heart that has eyes to see the Savior more clearly. With much love and gratitude to the entire team, Beth O.